DISCIPLE Bible Studies are a program of disciplined and in-depth Bible study aimed at developing strong Christian leaders. It focuses on the Disciple as the learner, believer, follower, proclaimer, and servant while providing the fellowship of a small group for study, prayer, preparation, support, and servanthood. Video presentations and a study manual help in enhancing the small group discussion and learning experience. Several issues have discouraged people from taking specific full-length Disciple studies have been the number of total sessions and the length of each session. The originators of Disciple have recognized this and have revised the curriculum to address these issues.
DISCIPLE I — “Becoming Disciples Through Bible Study”
- This is a general survey of the entire Bible and is a prerequisite to the other studies. The class will cover approximately 70 percent of the Bible. It is divided into two segments: the Old Testament and the New Testament
DISCIPLE II — “Into The Word Into The World”
- This intensive study is divided into four segments. Each of the books of Genesis, Exodus, Luke, and Acts are studied for eight weeks
DISCIPLE III — “Remember Who You Are”
- This study is divided into two segments. The first half concentrates on the books of the prophets and the second half on Paul’s letters
DISCIPLE IV — “Under The Tree of Life”
- This study covers both Old and New Testament writings. In the Old Testament the books of Ruth, Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Lamentations, and Daniel are studied. In the New Testament the Gospel of John; First, Second, and Third John; James; Jude; and Revelation are covered.
Jesus in the Gospels
- This study looks at the way each Gospel writer presents events and teachings and at the picture of Jesus that emerges. In the course of the study, participants will read the four Gospels — Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John — and considerable amounts of Scripture from other parts of the Bible.
This 30-week study requires 15-30 minutes of daily Bible study and prayer
DISCIPLE Short-Term Bible Studies
- These life-changing courses are available for busy people who are unable to commit to longer studies. Focusing on smaller Bible sections, or single books of the Bible, enables you to offer shorter, segmented participation in these courses.
- Invitation to the Old Testament
- Invitation to the New Testament
- Invitation to Genesis
- Invitation to Psalms
- Invitation to John
- Invitation to Romans
For more information on DISCIPLE Bible Study classes, please call George de Jager at (352) 430-2738