God Built this House with Helping Hands
Helping Hands Outreach Ministry shares God’s love and provides long-term systemic change in the communities near The Villages, Florida, with improved housing, household furnishings, and support for families in need.
Stepping Out in Faith
Helping Hands began in October 2006 with a small church group of 12 people who were studying Rick Warren’s, “Better Together.” This Biblical study challenged us to do a community outreach project. We intended to do some painting and home repairs, but God had a totally different plan for us. What we found were families in our nearby community living in substandard living conditions — including leaking roofs, extensive mold, and no heat or air conditioning. The first home was beyond repair and had to be demolished.
We Raised $6200; purchased a used mobile home and completely rebuilt, remodeled, and fully furnished it with furniture, appliances, cookware, dishes, and linens. After completion, we had $6280 remaining! God was not done with us yet!
Now, just 10 years later, Helping Hands has completed homes for more than 25 families in need. Today, Helping Hands has more than 300 volunteers following God’s call to serve families in need. God has truly blessed our ministry and our community.
How Can I Help?
- Welcome New Members – Welcome to new members
- Watch a short video – Helping Hands Video
- Helping Hands summary – QUICK FACTS Rev Oct 10
- Visit & Promote our resale store – Bargains & Blessings Resale Store
- Donate furniture & appliances – Donation guidelines
- Give your time & talents – Volunteer Opportunities
- Events Calendar – Events & Meetings
- Book on first 10 families – Book – God’s Helping Hands
- Awards & Recognition – Champions of Hope” Award
What Skills Do I Need?
All manner of skills are needed: from administrative and mentoring, to cleanup and decorating, to landscaping, carpentry, home repair, providing lunches, scheduling donation pickups and store operations, communications and fundraising. Our volunteers work at their own convenience — from a few hours to several days.
Want to Get Involved?
Come and enjoy the fun and fellowship, knowing you are making a difference in the lives of families in need. Please call Kathy Hudak at (352) 750-4529.